This weekend I went to Death Valley, California to explore more of the state. I went up to a place called Dante’s View where you stand at the highest point in California and can look down to see the lowest point in California. It took my breath away. The mountains and valleys were so deep and seemed to go on forever.
The view from the top was spectacular and it reminded me to keep life in perspective. I had been worrying about the future so much that I started to lose all creativity and gumption. But standing there looking out into the horizon, I was reminded to take a step back and look at the big picture.
My life was filled with abundance. I had just allowed fear to consume my mind. I started to focus on what I did have, and a smile crept onto my face. I had a nice apartment to live in, great friends, a healthy body, food in my belly, plenty of clean water to drink. I had the freedom to choose whatever job I wanted, to create my own business, to live a life that I loved with the love of my life by my side. There was coffee in my cup every morning and a warm bed to sleep in at night. Things are pretty good right now. I have so much to be thankful for. My anxiety left my body as the wind blew my worries away.
Life is short. Why bother wasting it worrying about what tomorrow is gonna bring??
1. Do what you can with what you’ve got.
2. Live in the moment. Life happens in the present. Not in the past, and not in the future. Your time is NOW.
3. Have faith that it’s going to turn out all right in the end. Believe. Surrender. There are always going to be bumps in the road and obstacles to overcome. But you have the power to find a solution and climb over any hurdle that comes your way.
4. Focus on what you DO have and what you CAN do. You get what you put your attention on, so think about all the good things you have in your life and the actions you can take. More good things will come to you!
5. Just keep going and do something that you love each and every day. Every step forward, no matter how small will get you to your goals. And if you are doing something you love everyday, your life will be filled with so much more happiness.
Travel not to find yourself,
but to remember who you’ve been all along.
What steps do you take to free yourself from worry and destress? I’d love to hear from you in the comments below.
If you want more up-to-date pictures of my adventures, follow me on Instagram!
And as always, I am here for you. This is your time. You’ve got this!