Pursuing your dream goal can be a daunting task. Whether it’s starting your own online business, writing that kick-ass novel you’ve been thinking about, or planning your first huge international trip abroad, there seems to be a hundred thousand things you need to do in order to get it done. Not to mention all the other things in your life that you have to as well (i.e. laundry, day job, significant others, etc). And everything seems to be on the high priority list, so it’s impossible to start one task because clearly you should be spending time doing something else that’s equally important. And even if you start working on something, you think of something ELSE that you should also be doing as well to make sure shit happens. Millions of thoughts start racing through your mind at a thousand miles per hour. Pretty soon, you’re paralyzed in a state of overwhelm and have convinced yourself that, you’ll never be able to get any of it done, let alone accomplish your goal. You feel powerless.
Good news: You have the same hours in the day as Beyoncé!
BOO. That just makes me feel worse! I hate it when people tell me to suck it up or to look at that A-List celebrity who does it all. Hell-O! Bey has a WHOLE TEAM of people to handle all aspects of her life for her! I’m a one-woman freakin’ show! What the f*ck is lil’ ol’ me supposed to do?! (Yes, I’ve had this argument with people before. #sorrynotsorry I like to speak my mind.)
Look, I am the QUEEN of biting off more than I can chew, so I totally get the frustrations and paralysis of overwhelm.
THANKFULLY, I have finally come up with a tried-and-true process to solve this issue and reclaim your power so you can go back to being the hero of your life and slay those dragons! Best of all, it only take TEN MINUTES (or less!) to do! (Can I get an “Amen!”?)
Here it is:
HOW TO OVERCOME OVERWHELM IN 10 MINUTES (or less!):
- Do a brain dump. Write down every single thing that your mind is worried about accomplishing. I mean EVERYTHING. Everything you feel like you need to do goes down on paper. Diarrhea of your brain. Just get it out. You’ll start to feel better once it’s out of your head. (Time: 2 minutes)
- Close your eyes and BREATHE. Inhale slowly 4 counts. Exhale slowly 4 counts. Your brain needs oxygen. Give yourself a moment to re-center. (Time: 30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Open your eyes and read the first thing on your brain dump list. Ask yourself, What can I do to tackle this? How can I accomplish this? What can I do to get this done? Write your answer next that task. (Time: 30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Read the next item on your brain dump list. Again, ask yourself What CAN I do to get this done? Write your answer down next to that item. (Time: 30 seconds to 1 minute)
- Repeat step 4 until you finish your list. If you can’t think of something you can do, skip it and move on to the next. (Time: 3-5 minutes depending on the length of your brain dump list)
BOOM! POWER IS BACK IN YOUR HANDS! Now you have a list of actionable steps that you can take in order to get sh*t done!
You are powerful. You are beautiful. You are enough.
Want more tools to help you fulfill your dreams and succeed?
Download my FREE eBook of 100 Tools to Strategize Your Success!
All you have to do is CLICK HERE.